Monday, June 22, 2009

My Plate for the Local Animal Rescue


Recovering my my thumb joint replacement surgery has taken a lot more of my energy than I expected. My days have gone something along the lines of shower, nap, get dressed, nap, eat something, nap. I'm starting to take a few less naps, but I still can't do much without some assistance, and I'm getting really bored. Not being able to make anything is getting to me, so the most constructive thing I'm doing now is learning to be a bit more patient.

I did manage to get some help taking photos of things I made last month. I love this plate, it's a beautiful band of green sandwiched between two bands of blue, fused with a layer of clear, and then slumped in a mold to create a nice curve. It's going to a local animal rescue organization as a donation for their fundraiser. I hope they make a nice bit of cash for it!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Lovely site and hope you enjoyed ours I'll be back.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Meghann said...

Beautiful plate! I hope you feel much better soon - surgery recovery is always a bear, no matter if it is joint replacement or appendectomies. It just saps you. Rest now and you'll recover faster.
Hugs!
Meghann

Kekibird said...

Love the colors on this piece.

Unknown said...

Great photo.
I love the colours.
Good to hear you're feeling better each day a bit more.