Sunday, April 20, 2008

My New Studio (Before)


Today my husband said, "We really need to get that workshop finished so you can get back to your glass. You just don't look right without the little band-aids on your fingers." He's such a sweetie--and he's right, I don't even feel right without the little band-aids on my fingers. I use the colorful ones, so it's almost like wearing temporary, disposable jewelry.

We're fixing up our garage to be the perfect little studio, but as you can see we have a lot of work yet to do. We've been having a difficult time getting written estimates from electricians. They tend to say things like, "it will cost about (insert random amount of money here), do you want me to put this on our schedule?" Umm, no--if the guy is standing in the middle of the garage while I'm pointing to where the new outlets and the special wiring for the new kiln will go, there should be no guessing about the cost, right?

So next week I try to find an electrician I'm comfortable with, and then a plumber. Then we can put up insulation, and walls. . . .

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Good luck with your remodeling! It will be so worth it when it's finished.

Judith HeartSong said...

oh a new studio! How exciting for you... I want to see the afters when you are all done! Nice to meet you!

Frances D said...

This is my first visit to your blog.
Your give-away prize is beautiful.
Can't wait to see the after photos.
Thanks for dropping by my site.

erin, maker of chimes said...

Oh, how exciting! You'll have to volunteer to have your crafting space featured on the team blog when it gets finished.